WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Work-in-Perpetuity

My dear little blog,

Please don't be offended that I haven't added to you in quite some time... it's not that I haven't been thinking of you... I have! Often, in fact! Many a time throughout my day I think of you, ponder quaint messages to share with you, take pictures that I might share with you... but alas, I have neglected you.

Sigh.

But I have good news! Genevieve's socks are finally finished (sort of - I just have to graft the toes... oh tortuous process... oh beautiful result...) Mark was starting to call them a "work in perpetuity" ... but I finished them with a sigh... It has taken me four months to complete what I can usually do in four days. Seeing as knitting is a prayerful act for me, a way of meditating on God's heart for the recipient, I usually finish a project with a sigh... all the more so for Genevieve's Welcome With Love socks... it is the closing of a chapter of a most beautiful phase of my life... the journey of meeting two lovely people - our son and our midwife.

But it is just a chapter that has been finished... many more await...

1 comment:

D'Arcy said...

I hear you, my friend. My poor blog gets sadly neglected too. Better the blog than the kids, right? Just wanted to let you know I popped by!