WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Monday, February 5, 2007

-32??

Brrrrr.... a frigid -18 out there this morning... feels like -32 with a windchill warning for Halton region. Our cranky furnace is sputtering and wheezing and churning away, but the house still feels like an igloo. There is a reason for igloos being associated with Canada!! Hannah has abandoned her room - the coldest one in the house, and barred her door shut. She's rescued her favourite toys but vows not to return until the climate changes. (Could be a while.) She's sharing with Jordan right now, and the two of them are cuddling up for warmth. It's just like Little House on the Prairie. Way too cute.

I have managed to pull a few projects of the needles:
I've finally turned the heel on Genevieve's second sock. Finally!

Started and finished Jamie's trummed mittens. Poor kid - he suffers terribly from chronically cold hands, so what could be better than a good pair of warm woolies??? I finished them late Saturday night while watching Star Trek Insurrection (my fav ST movie) - good mojo since Jamie is also a Trekkie. Took the picture on the way to church Sunday morning... then the battery died, so no pic with Jamie wearing them. :(










Started thrummed mitts for Chris. Finished one slipper for Jaden.

Jordan has been sporting his Wee Willy Winkle hat a lot - ok... I made it last year, but I'm still proud of it... my first (successful) project with 2 colours and no pattern. Yay me! And of course, I love the fact that Jordan loves it too.














Oh... and we've had another Sammy sighting...









Ok, this sleep-deprived gal needs another cup of tea to ward off the chill while I finish Jaden's slippers... ttfn!






No comments: