WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Girl draws, Boys knit

I fell asleep last night thinking about knitting...
Sigh...
I've had a few busy days in a row and not much opp to knit a few, purl a few... It was Jamie's b-day on Friday and I did manage to cast on his thrummed mitts...

Here's a couple of pics that Hannah drew...

This one is called "Mama knits."









Knitting is cool, says Hannah. Check out the knitted pants already hanging up, and the hoody just coming off the needles.










Jordan asked me to teach him how to knit. Yay! He's going to make a wee blanket for his sissy... well, for one of her teddy bears...

It was a snow day and one of his friends came over, saw the knitting, and asked if I could teach him too. While Jordan is slow, methodical, and very accurate, this kid could fly on the needles but his end product, a coaster for his mom, looked more like k2tog, yo stitching! Not bad for a first try though. I know, I know, I should've been watching his wip as he was progressing, but babies care very little if boys are learning how to knit. The magnitude of that surpasses them.

No comments: