WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

God is a Knitter

Ok... God is a Knitter... with a capital "K"... always knew it, but thought I'd ponder that for a bit...

1. One of my most favourite verses of all is Psalm 139:13-14. I had it posted on the wall while in labour with Jaden... and if this doesn't convince you that God is a Knitter, then nothing will!!

"You created my inmost being;
you KNIT me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."

Psalm 139:13-14

2. A question... We know that He is our Shepherd (Psalm 23). In fact, Jesus says that he is the good shepherd in John 10"11... how could one spend so much time with sheep and not knit?

3. Although it's not mentioned by name in Scripture, do we not refer to the "Purly Gates?"

4. There are numerous references to God's abilities. In the Message translation, Job 36:26 says "See how great he is—infiKNIT,
greater than anything you could ever imagine or figure out!"

If the Message is a little too funky and modern, how about the King James? Psalm 147:5 says
"Great is our Lord and abundant in strength;
His understanding is infiKNIT."
I bet He never feels stumped by peculiar pattern instructions.

5. He had a tendancy to use whatever is on hand... no doubt, his stash is pretty incredible. Look what he was able to dig up for Job...

"Did you not... clothe me with skin and flesh
and KNIT me together with bones and sinews?
You gave me life and showed me kindness,
and in your providence watched over my spirit."
Job 10:10-12

6. BTW... He also sews a little:
You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Psalm 139:5

A closing verse, and a slightly more serious note... I love knitting, but Philippians 3:8 sums it all up...

"Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infiKNIT value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ."

No comments: