WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Phew!

What a week! Tons of stuff on the go... wips coming off the needles... wow!

Coolest Thing #1: ANNIE'S HOME!!!! Back from Mozambique, completely ruined for her Jesus, I think is how she put it. She'll be here on Saturday to meet Jaden for the first time. Can't wait.

Coolest Thing #2: Shared at the Hamilton Midwives about home birth this week. They had an info night for couples considering it. It was absolutely amazing fun to share about our experiences, answer question and just chat... I love our midwives... I love all midwives... in fact, I don't think I've ever met a midwife I didn't like... and any opportunity that rises its lovely head, I will surely take it in order that I might extol the profound greatest of midwives!!! I spoke with Jessica (the hosting MW) afterwards, about how MW are "a unique breed of folk." She laughed, because that could be taken in two ways, one wonderfully, and one in a quirky sense. Both are true she said. :) BTW, Jessica is also a knitter... apparently a lot of midwives are... Anyways, it was a fabulous night. Totally connected and exchanged emails & numbers with a few people. Very cool. I left feeling completely jazzed, knowing that I had left a fingerprint in the life experience of another. What can top that?

Coolest Thing #3: Finished WIPs!
Baby socks galore for a friend who just had a little girl... and with a MW! Talk about a week with great mojo! The picture is a little dark and yellowish... a photographer I am not... one is just a simple stripe pattern and the other is based on the twisted cable sock from here: http://www.helloyarn.com/cabletwistsocks.htm

I apologize for not yet knowing how to turn text into a link... I'll get my hubby on that! .... actually... I think I did it... wow! I did! I rock! I so completely rock!!! (ok, I have a low standard for rock-worthiness...)


A close-up of the baby twisted cable...


Anyways, I'll post how I changed the pattern later today. It was so much fun and I can hardly wait to make some adult versions of these... I'm tempted to frog the Welcome with Love socks, because I think they would look wicked with the variegated yarn... but I had better not... it's taken me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too long to get as far as I have, and I'm anxious to pass them to the lovely, awaiting Genevieve... MW extraordinaire!! :) XO




No comments: