WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Joy of Sour Milk

Last night after posting, I went to get ready for bed... and all I could smell was sour milk... "oh joy..." I said outloud, though I was alone. The joy of nursing a (not-so)newborn...

and then it hit me...

the joy of sour milk.

Dear friends of ours lost their tiny baby girl just a few months ago. She fell asleep with her tummy full of her mummy's milk, but she never woke up. I cannot imagine such agony...

and so I will celebrate the perfume of my motherhood: eau de lait aigre. Sour milk.

No comments: