WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sunny days!

All right... I'm a little slow in posting... but man, was it ever nice this weekend! The kids couldn't wait to get outside! Jordan was up and dressed, teeth brushed and everything by the time I emerged for my first cup of tea!

Jordan and Hannah asked to get the car out, and so they took turns pushing each other. Awwww... isn't that nice?!?! Yeah... they took turns ramming each other into the steps - crash up derby style! Bonus points if they managed to make the rider jettison out the side! Sheesh! some people's kids!






















On the knitting front, sock 1 for Hannah is done and I'm one to #2. I must have been completely dazed when I picked up the stitches for the heel, because one side looks horrible and the other side is fabulous... and of course, I didn't notice until I was grafting the toe... that's what happens when you knit while watching tv... you just do row after row... Love the pattern though! Based on Grumperina's sock featured in Interweave Knits, but made for my mini-Grumperina. Based on 48 stitches. Rib 3, then brioche stitch. Also, I'll be finishing Jaden's raglan sleeved sweater tonight. (Impressed yet?) I'm just doing the last couple of rows for the rolled collar and then I'm done! And not a moment too soon... I hate circular needles! Ick! Ick! Ick! I've only had to use them for the collar and it just seems so fiddly... could just be me & my technique... I've never used them before, so I shall suspend my formal judgement for now, but I sure will be glad to be done. I must say - it looks fabulous! The seams are... seamless! hardy harr... I'm tickled at how nicely it has all come together. Just in time for his big 6 months old tomorrow! Gosh... where does the time go????

















Snapped this a couple of days ago... Mr Big Man sitting in mama's bed.

And then there's this... what an angel... I could just stare at that face all day.

No comments: