WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Oodles of News

Last weekend was the OCHEC conference. Usually I come home with my batteries recharged and my passion for homeschooling renewed. This year was a little different... the homeschool aspects of the conference were quite thought-provoking as usual, but I felt personally renewed, beyond just my role as a homeschooling mom. "Raising Maidens of Virtue" and "As Unto the Lord: Keys to Being a Biblical Wife" were two workshops given by Stacy MacDonald, mother of... get this... 10!!! Simply having that many kids makes me want to sit up and listen! But her strong desire to see daughters of the King living pure and passionate lives was overwhelming and I came home changed. Absolutely changed. We live in a culture that is very "me first" but we live an upside down faith - one that seeks the servitude of others first. It was wonderful.




Amanda came with us to attend the youth workshops to develop her mind a wee bit and learn about having a God-centred worldview. It was great to hang with her for the weekend, talk about... you know... stuff. She is wanting more of God... and that is good.

We hit Subway for lunch... time to photo-blog... Mark did a little Mambo Italiano for us...





























Gotta love him. He certainly keeps life interesting.

Saw the sights of downtown Hamilton a wee bit before heading back.
I showed the Grumperina sock to the statue of Queen Victoria in downtown Hamilton. It was very impressed.
I think the lion looks very impressed too.
What homage to receive: Queen and Empress, Model Wife and Mother.
How is it we have come so far away from this? Being a wife and mother are no longer considered positions of honour. There are no accolades... little respect... Our society considers women who choose to raise their children and educate them to be just a mom... just a housewife. I am so thankful that I do not rely on the world around me for my sense of value. What I do, day in and day out, is beyond value and the rewards are beyond compare.
I leave you with this bit of graffiti...

No comments: