WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My little lost sock

I am on the verge of despair.

I went to pick up my nearly finished Grumperina sock... and it was gone. GONE! Gone I say! It has completely disappeared! Vanished! Il a disparu! Zut alors!




I have torn the house apart trying to find it. I'm feeling a little like Yosemite Sam..."Come back here you friggin fraggin yugnnn hrmfff..." I cannot find that sock anywhere!!!


I know I had it last night when Mark and I were watching the hilarious I.T. Crowd (a comedy from UK... very very funny... but that's beside the point...) When we were finished, I set my knitting down on the hockey table in the rec room... but now it's gone!! I'm so frazzled. And I was almost done dagnamit!!!


I found a very suspicious looking dpn hanging around the dining room floor... but there's no sign of the other 3... nor the sock attached to them! Ackkkk!!


The cats are usually to blame for ferreting away my yarn, but they usually leave a messy trail tangled thru the legs of every chair in the process. They didn't look guilty enough when I questioned them.


Hannah seemed innocent enough. Although Jordan couldn't keep a straight face when I asked him what he did with my sock... but I think it had more to with the fact his mother was losing touch with reality than a guilty conscience.


Mark... the muggle hubby... when I questioned him, he replied that he "might have" tidied up a bit and put in one of my knitting baskets. He was not helpful at all. He was very muggle-ish. In fact, he made such comments as "It's just a sock." Do you know what I think??? I think he has done away with it, because he's tired of me making socks for everyone else, but not him. Well... that little plan has backfired! To the back of the bus you go, Pal! No socks for you until you tell me what you did with Grumperina!!!


Ha!!

No comments: