WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Feathered friends

Had a delightful little visitor to the garden this morning. Never have I seen a bird in the wild with blue feathers. Ok... other than a blue jay... I bolted for the camera and tried to get a few pics before he flew off... this is what I managed to come up with... He's an indigo bunting, I believe.












Jordan and Hannah are off to Nanny & Poppy's for a week, so it's just me and Jaden here during the day. I plan on getting a few things done around the house... such as tackle the laudry room, which had a considerable chunk of organizing already done to it by Nana. (btw... thanks so much, Nana!) Also, I'm going to get some sewing done for Hannah's summer wardrobe. I admit, I haven't done much sewing lately, and I'm trying really hard not to be thinking "I wish I were knitting right now..." but I don't think Hannah wants to wear knit shorts all summer long. Besides, I have a wall of fabric ready and waiting.



Here were a few of my selections to begin with.











In looking for a pattern, I realized just how long it's been since I've had the Pfaff out, when I didn't have any patterns the right size. All I have are toddler patterns... so I'm going to fudge it a wee bit and see how it goes. Knowing Hannah, she's just going to park herself out on a mound of dirt somewhere, and pretty, perfectly hemmed pinafores are not her thing. We'll see how much I can get done this week.

I also want to make some time for me... well, me and God is more like it. Rejuv my spirit.

Mark and I are going to snuggle in and watch Heroes together tonight, without interuptions... woohoo! btw... Heroes rocks. Luv it.

Well, off to do some clutter bustin'!

1 comment:

Glenna C said...

An indigo bunting! Hooray! I was just visiting my parents at home and they were treated with an indigo bunting at their bird feeder 2 days in a row. They're so gorgeous and only migrate through in the spring.