WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Amazing Grace

I've been trying to figure out how you say good-bye to someone when you haven't even said hello. How is it that you can love someone so much... someone whom you've never officially met, held or beheld.

For 9 weeks, my life was filled with the sweet surprise of a new baby. We were all overjoyed to be having another baby in the family. At my ultrasound last Thursday though, I was told that there was no heart beat... no movement. I was dumbfounded. And I cried. And cried. And cried.

Mark had a dream the night before I went for the ultrasound, that he was in heaven and a little girl he didn't know came up to him and said, "Hi Daddy."

We decided to call our baby Grace.

God's peace has radiated my waiting time, and I'm not worried about any of the "why" questions. I just want to know... how do you stop your arms from aching to hold someone you never will?

No comments: