WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hiding Place

The sunshine was astonishing. The breeze was perfect. The day was as lovely as could be.

The happy sound of my children playing outside was interrupted by a heart-wrenching cry... I ran to the window to see Hannah, lying crumpled and bloody, on the sidewalk. I bolted for the door, not stopping for my shoes. I ran across the grass to where she lay. Gathering her up in my arms, I brought her into the safety of our home.

As tenderly as I could, I cleaned her scraped and bleeding knees. A little ointment and plenty of bandaids helped, but thru her sniffles, she just asked for a cuddle. She just wanted to be held.

Everything within me wanted to love the hurt away. I held her as tightly as I could and I didn't let go until she was calm.

-----------------

There are moments in life that strike with extreme clarity... moments that are bigger than oneself... moments when it is undeniable that Someone is trying desperately to communicate with us, if we would but listen to that still, small voice...

As I held Hannah, I knew that I myself was being held. When inside, I felt like I was a crumpled mess, I knew I was being held by Someone much bigger than I... Someone who was able to contain all the sorrow and pain... Someone who was not afraid of my tears... Someone who just wanted to love the hurt away. I sat there holding Hannah, knowing that I, too, was being held.
----------------

Please take a moment to listen to Hiding Place.

Psalm 32:7
You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.

No comments: