WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tiny socks

I knit a tiny pair of socks yesterday.

Red, with a white ribbon.

Perfect for Christmas.

Therapy knitting.

I hadn't been able to knit anything before yesterday... before I knew that Sammy's heart had finally stopped. Anything prior to that was just too hopeful, and I hadn't the heart. But good-bye knitting is easier than hopeful knitting.

The socks were so tiny, and yet, they were so enormous compared to the wee tiny boy that Sammy was.

And so, these tiny socks will be tucked away, as will my hopeful feelings... for I say good-bye to my tiny boy, but I know that it is not final. I will hold him one day.

Oh God, grant me patience in waiting for that day.

No comments: