WIP???

"Work In Progress." It's a common term among knitters on the web. It's often asked in a rather cheeky fashion, "How many wip's do you have?" for we knitters are known to be irrestibly drawn to delicious new skiens before the old ones have been used for their creative intention.

Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Top 10

Top 10 Ways to Make Time for Knitting

1. Declare a Family Movie Night. Everyone will think it's a great idea to spend the time together... and then I get to knit during the movie!

2. Declare a Pizza Night. I get out of cooking and if we use paper plates, I won't have any dishes either!

Knitting Math

No cooking + No dishes = More knitting time

Put #1 and #2 together for a Bonus Night of Kniiting... I mean family time! Cha-ching!

3. Multi-task.
a) Knit while I'm teaching the kids during homeschool time.
b) Knit while in the bathroom. (Hey... why not? How many people take Uncle John's Bathroom Reader in with them???)

4. Knit while breastfeeding. Put baby in sling, so hands are free.

5. Have others do your bidding... Hubby: dishes. Kids: laundry. Wha-ha-ha. (my best tyrannical laugh.)

6. Declare it "Work." Knitting as gift-giving at Christmas is the perfect opportunity for this. hee-hee (my sneaky little laugh.)

7. Declare a "Mental Health Day." Say, "I'm too exhausted/drained/burnt-out from the demands of my busy life to do the dishes/laundry/cook... so I'm just going to sit here and knit. Trust me, this will be better for everyone." (see "Knitting Math" under #2)

8. Reclaim Sunday as a Day of Rest. After church, what could be more restful than spending time meditating on the goodness of God while knitting? Especially if knitting something for another person, it can be an exercise of gratitude as well, by focusing on prayers of thanksgiving for that special someone. How about making it an exercise of intercession, by bringing that person before the Lord in prayer. (don't I sound sooo spiritual???)

9. Knit everywhere. In the car (while hubby is driving), at the YMCA (while waiting for the kids to finish their swim lesson), at support groups/homeschool meetings... anywhere!

10. Skip going to the YMCA, support groups, homeschool meetings, etc to make more time for knitting!!!!

No comments: